So it could be that no one even reads this anymore. I realize my last post was in October. (Sorry mom). But I am going to try to be better about my blogging ways in 2008. : )
So I thought for my first post of the new year, I would tell you about my little sister, Elise. Tomorrow January 7th Elise will turn 17 years old. It is unbelievable to me that she is that old. In my eyes I think she will always be twelve. I do have to say though the older she gets our relationship continues to grow more than just sisters, but to great friends. I do remember however, that it was not always that way…
I was a little over 4 years old when Elise was born. The night she arrived I remember my mom telling me to go put my pajamas on. I of course didn’t want to go to bed so I was arguing with her asking for just 5 more minutes. After 5 more minutes and begging for 5 more, but being denied I finally and reluctantly went to my room and put my pajamas on. When I came out of my room my mom looked at me and said, “what are you doing, go get dressed we have to go to grandmas”. My mom’s water had broke and Elise was on her way.
Although I don’t exactly remember being that I was only 4 and Bethany only 2, I imagine that Bethany and I were very excited and anxious for our baby sister to be born. She was a cutie patootie baby, she had big blue eyes and was bald until about three. Elise was born and the Kelly family was complete. Here are some memories I have of my baby sister…
– Althought growing up we called Elise Leesy because Bethany had a hard time say Elise, We affectionately refer to Elise ages 1 to about 6 as Elise the Beast. She was a little terror. There would be a number of times where Bethany and I would run up the stairs yelling, “mommy, mommy Leesy’s getting us”. and Elise would be running behind us pinching us, biting us, etc. My mom never understood why her to eldest daughters ran from their little sister in fear, but trust me she was scary.
-Her first birthday party no one could find her and all of a sudden she came out from her room laughing hysterically and completely nude.
– She called her pacifier her, “papa” and she would lose it she would cry for her papa and when people would say there’s your dad sweetie and point to my father, she would scream “that’s not my papa”.
– The famous M & M story in which Elise stole my dad’s M&Ms in the middle of the night and whe she got caught shoved them all into her mouth and pretending like she didn’t doing anything as chocolate dripped down her mouth.
– One time when my grandma was watching us while are parents were out of town and Elise decided to eat my dad’s deodorant. I have no clue what was going through her 3 year old mind.
– Making Elise be Commet the dog when we played Full House because my mom made Bethany and I include her and I was always DJ, Bethany was Michelle and we didn’t like Stephanie, so Elise had to be Commet.
– Again because my mom said we had to include her making Elise be Ursula the Sea Witch when we played Little Mermaid.
– When we got our dog Aussie she took it upon herself to “train” her. She would put little puppy Aussie on her leash and walk her in backyard and scream “heel”! “Sit”!, etc. as long as she could. Maybe she was taking the built up aggression she had from her older sisters making her be Ursula and Commet the dog for so many years? : )
– As she got older finding a love for baking and backing pretty much the best banana bread ever, that her older sister Robbin loves to help her with… at least the eating part. : )
– Going to Belize with her this past summer and watching her love on people and letting Jesus shine through her. It was amazing being able to share that experience with her! She boldly got out of her comfort zone and allowed God to use her. What is cooler than that?
Happy Birthday Elise! You are definitely not my baby sister anymore, but to me you will always be Leesy Lou! I love you!